Sunday 6 January 2013

What's My Word?

So did you miss me?

I sure have missed being here but life happens with all its ups and downs and a variety of circumstances contributed to my inability to put together a single post in 6 weeks.
Even now, it is something of a struggle but I am determined to get back in the swing of things.

I have so enjoyed reading the various "Word of the Year" posts that so many share at the start of a new year and really see that there is value to putting it out there.  The vulnerability and transparency of so many writers is inspirational and I find myself wanting to cheer you all on as you endeavor to walk out your "word" in the days ahead.


In the week between Christmas and New Year's I kept seeing and/or hearing the word "abundance" and eventually got the message that this is my word.  As is often the case in spiritual matters, after receiving such a beautiful word of hope and promise, I find myself having to contend for it . . . to fight to see past the "not enough" that is evident all around me.  And just in case I should begin to question whether that really is my word, I was reminded of a little green pouch given to me years ago.  Inside nestles this little stone with one big word engraved on it . . .



It travels with me in my pocket now where I can reach in and read the word with my fingers, whisper it to myself when I need to  be reminded that abundance is God's heart for me. 




I try to be grateful for the abundance of the blessings that I have, for the journey that I'm on and to relish each day as a gift.
~ James McGreevey

6 comments:

  1. What a great word for the year! Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have indeed missed you, Andrea. I hope things settle for you a little. Abundance is a great word - it was mine several years ago. Remember that for abundant trials comes abundant grace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Andrea - So good to see you back. Abundance is a wonderful word for the start of this New Year. Those Tulips are just so cheery and perfect for brightening up the rainy day we are having here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is abundantly beautiful dear Andrea Dawn and shows what we already know to be your heart.
    ------------
    It travels with me in my pocket now where I can reach in and read the word with my fingers, whisper it to myself when I need to be reminded that abundance is God's heart for me.
    ----------------
    beautiful indeed!
    He has given so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would come an look to see if I missed an e-mail that you had posted. I would peek at Scavenger Hunts to see those magnificent photos. I simply loved the foggy pics you posted on Facebook this past week. When I think of your word I know we who know Him already have exceeding abundantly all that we ask or think, but having an abundant stone easily accessible to remind you is such a great
    "icon" [strange word, but it says what I think about it], a visual reminder of a spiritual truth. I love you, Sweet Friend. May the time slow as you pause to catch the details. Oh, my, this is the apprentice trying to teach the master. YOU are the detail person. You must just do what you are naturally made to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Abundance is a great word, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by . . . appreciate your comments.