Saturday 4 August 2012

SHS Photo Challenge 42

Wowzer doodles, it's a scorcher today and consequently I have been parked here in front of the fan putting this post together early, as it's the coolest thing to do on my list.  Hope I can find the energy to get some of the other things done . . . if not, they can wait, nothing really urgent.

1.  Going Back in Time
 Going back in time this type of pitcher and bowl would be a common sight in a bed chamber.

2. Something Just For Me
 A couple weeks ago I won a photo contest put on by a local newspaper and received a $500 gift certificate to a furniture store.  The furniture was VERY pricey and I finally settled on a few accessory pieces just for me, including this church birdhouse which was on sale, (gasp) for $149. My girls each picked out a few treasures and that was that.

3.  Best Part of My Day
 Not necessarily THE best, but one of my favourite parts of the day is my morning wander through the yard to see what's bloomin', about to bloom or needs some attention. Of course, my camera joins me to capture beautiful sights such as this.  I wish you could smell this . . . so fragrant.

4.  Night and Day
 An archived shot with a fresh edit showing day fast fading into night.  When I first saw this prompt in the list last weekend, a little song we used to sing in Sunday School so many years ago, came to my mind.  

"Safe am I, (safe am I)
In the hollow of His hand.
Sheltered o'er (sheltered o'er) 
In His love forever more.
No ill can harm me, no foe alarm me
For He keeps both day and night.
Safe am I, (safe am I)
In the hollow of His hand.

5.  Look Up
My Virginia creeper is making its way up and across the trellis and I look forward to it filling in more.  So far only the one shoot has made it to the top.


Happy Sunday to all . . . want to see more great submissions?
Click the photo link below to go to our hostess, Ashley Sisk's site.

18 comments:

  1. Wow, $500 gift certificate...congrats! I love the bird house you picked out and your edit for night and day! Great set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome. I love number two and three.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulation on your win! That's so exciting. Your rose is beautiful....I wish I could smell it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly lovely shots! Really enjoyed them. The night and day is my favorite. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well done on winning a photography contest, love the birdhouse that you chose. The day/night shot is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice shots, Andrea...love the pitcher!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the leaf against the blue sky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your night and day and look up are simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is awesome that you won such a great prize. The bird house is crazy cool! I love it : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your win! Love the birdhouse you picked out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Andrea Dawn,

    I love all your pictures and the stories behind them. It is sweltering here, too. It is so humid the sweat can not evaporate to cool the body. I just completed my pictures right before coming here to view yours. I love how you spell favourite in Canada (like the British). It makes me smile and is underlined on my computer as misspelled. I must have an American computer even though I know Apples are assembled in China. They don't use the word favorite or favourite.

    I love what you do to your pictures with your processing. The day and night photo with the words to Safe Am I was my favourite!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful shots and a big congrats on your photo contest win - love the bird house!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love them all but especially the Night and Day with the Sunday School chorus. You've got me humming the tune.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are all great! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely set. I'm a huge fan of the regency era. I could see using that pitcher. Congrats on winning that contest. $500 sounds great but what a bummer the store was so pricey.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great set of pictures as always. Love your ideas and the presentation. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love love the church birdhouse? that you picked out!! fun win ~ congrats~ and the sun shot... amazing~ ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by . . . appreciate your comments.