Monday 30 April 2012

Grace Notes - Counting the Gifts 797-812

I am thankful for a pair of shoes that feel really good on my feet.  I like my shoes.
 I am thankful for the birds; I feel like they are singing just for me when I get up in the morning, saying 'Good morning, John, you made it, John'. 
I am thankful for the sea breeze that feels so good right now, and the scent of jasmine when the sun starts going down.
~ Johnny Cash

Whether you are famous or unknown, young or old, rich or poor, gratitude is an attitude that can be cultivated by all and it bears a rich harvest of joy, peace and perspective. Carrying on with the counting . . . 


797.  Bullfrogs croaking in the cool morning air
798.  Rain pelting loudly on skylight windows . . . being safely tucked inside
799.  A big sleepy dog that sticks close to me all evening and night
800.  A trip to the garden centre for spring colour
801.  Help overcoming a "ticked-off" attitude . . . poor customer service really gets me going
802.  The park in spring . . . thousands of bulbs arrayed in glorious garb
803.  Nature's wonders . . . a faithful mate.  This fellow stuck with his lady love when all the other ducks in the 
         pond went off on a grand adventure
804.  Happenings in bunches that remind me who I am to Him and this song on youtube . . .
Remind Me Who I Am by  Jason Gray
805.  Things that just make you smile . . . a young lady crossing the street on a shiny, girly scooter, wearing  
         tights with slashes in them and carrying a pink and silver purse.
806. Snuggly kittens lapping up the love . . . the lessons they teach you.
807. Checking the mail and finding this . . .
808. When I can't go I can give, when I can't give I can pray.  There is always a way to be involved in the work 
         of the kingdom.
809.  Singing in the car at the top of my lungs
810.  Bags of "Free Kale"  at church . . . making some kale chips tonight
811.  What is impossible for man is possible for God
812.  Teenage girls standing in the rain, face up and arms outstretched


7 comments:

  1. Love the doggie photo and the child's letter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at the first line of the Johnny Cash quote..or was it song? I am shoe challenged...nothing feels comfortable except flip flops. Thank you for sharing your list this week. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Andrea Dawn,

    I thought about #808 in relation to my husband and his inability to do so many things because his energy is so low and pain levels are so much more than he can handle at times...so when he can't go, he gives and prays. Tell me more about kale chips and I love the doggie (of course)!

    I close this comment picturing you singing at the top of your lungs in the car,
    Yes!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. this post is so what I needed this morning!
    We have had rain on tin to wake up to and now the sun shines through the forest in glory rays welling up a certain joy in my soul. How we need these moments of brightness and hope to carry us through our days!
    I had a beautiful robin, life gone from hitting my window the day I was gone from home so seeing your photo set a new picture in my mind's eye of his sweet song days...I needed that. To think that God knew the huge ache that small thing was in my heart and sent me some beauty...
    your faithful dog... my faithful dogs; how they mean so much to us. Just last night, Sam ran up field to send away the coyotes that were dreaming goats and chickens... And Blue dog had the instinct to herd and guard the goats while her bud went to chase away the enemy. God blesses me in these small but very 'large' ways.
    Flowers... I stop at every place I see their blooming faces and thank God that after a season of snow and rest He now invigorates and makes me excited to plant and see bounty from His hand... what starts out so small here becomes life and health for us. God is always blessing us!
    Your duck... faithful ducks. I have my faithful ones that flew off last fall and have returned with song and joy and promise. How faithful God has been to carry us through all that might seek to destroy us. And we are able to come forth with praise! Like all my feathered friends come back to begin the family way episodes all over again. Pure joy!

    And your song...O Andrea... I wept and wept putting in all my many beloveds along my path in those spots and seeing their pain turned to blessing. My prayer for them is that they would believe they are beloved. How our world changes when we believe that one simple thing... Thank you so much my friend... I am absolutely broken with the beauty of it! God will graciously
    put me all back together again by His marvelous grace.
    Here is a friend's post... Clint and Janet's niece... remember her in prayer if you could dear friend.
    http://www.ramblingtart.com/2012/05/01/forgiveness-slovenian-alps-and-an-orange-yogurt-tart/
    I know how your beautiful mail feels :)
    Your 808-812 had me smiling big with complete agreement and understanding!
    Like Dawn I am interested in Kale chips...
    Singing with you... at the top of my lungs! WE are beloved!

    love you dear friend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. Drew us all in. I'd add a comment or two, but Fisherlady has said it all and said it well! So, ditto and touche'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this so much!!! Especially the song. I've got to learn that so I can just sing away. I want all those little signs those people were holding in the video, just so I can remember who I am to Him.

    I loved your #812, teenage girls standing in the rain. It's something I still love to do, and it makes me think of that song, "Healing Rain." It just washes everything away!
    Thank you for all of this. Give Morgan a pat on the head for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. With everyone of your thanks, I found myself nodding in agreement. This morning was an Adria day and we were singing and dancing together - such sweet moments to treasure. God showers his goodness on us in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by . . . appreciate your comments.