Friday 19 August 2011

Toes in the Water - 5 Minute Friday


A lovely lady, Lisa-Jo, at The Gypsy Mama came up with the idea of  5 Minute Fridays, a writing challenge where you are given a prompt word and then write for 5 minutes on whatever the prompt suggests.  The basic rules are:

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Get a little crazy with encouragement for the five minuter who linked up before you.


This weeks prompt is NEW . . . ready, set, GO!

I am new to 5 Minute Fridays and feeling a little awkward
What can I possibly say in 5 minutes?

I feel apprehensive and shy to put stuff out there
unedited, imperfect, raw.

But I want to be brave, so I dip my toes in the water today.

New mercies every morning,
new moon, new potatoes, newspaper,
funny the things that pop into your mind when you hear a particular word.

I don't eat potatoes
I don't read the newspaper
I do enjoy the new moon
and
I depend on new mercies every morning.

Being a newcomer is always a little daunting to me
but here it is, I did it.
Finished.


9 comments:

  1. The first one is always the hardest. Linking up from Gypsy Mama's page. I thought some similiar things about a month ago when I first stared linking up with Lisa-Jo too. Now, it's something I depend on. I love the aspect of free-writing, it's what I do mostly on my blog. I hope you come back and join us again, I loved the comparisons made. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poem flowed nicely and I liked the illustration it formed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh fun!
    You did great. You will be so blessed at seeing what happens when you write unedited.
    Welcome.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved it! BRAVO! So beautiful....

    ~Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way, I love your tagline...

    Every happening great and small, is a parable whereby God speaks to us . . . and the art of life is to get the message.

    SO very true~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE this! You are a gifted writer, that's for sure! Thank you for sharing your heart with us! I loved your illustrations and comparisons. Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it!!! Five Minute Friday helped me to remember how much I love writing! I hope you'll keep playing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done! Welcome!!
    I look forward to the 5 minute fridays writings. They ALWAYS give me some imperative insight that I've been missing. Stream of consciousness writing is so powerful. May it bless your life as it does mine..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks ladies for all the encouragements . . . it was fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by . . . appreciate your comments.