Monday 29 August 2011

Grace Notes - Counting the Gifts 201 - 250

Another week or so and I am all caught up . . . for now, the counting continues:
201.  air in my lungs
202.  African violets blooming . . . and lots of buds coming



203.  extremely fragrant roses
204.  discovered a hydrangea in the yard and transplanted closer to my little corner
205.  call from Dad
206.  a birthday kitten for granddaughter #1
207.  hearing their voices before church
208.  little feathered friends



209. anticipation . . . my sister is coming
210.  new rhubarb shoots
211.  a friend drops by unexpected . . . such a sweet time
212.  rainbows on the wall
213.  a cool room to sleep in
214.  weeding in the cool evening air
215.  easy fix for the car and an unusual helper
216.  a lead to a bookkeeping job
217.  hymns that make me weep for their beauty
218.  a new post - Diffusing the Fragrance
219.  a new follower
220.  sister and brother-in-law visiting from Montreal



221.  family dinner
222.  snuggling Pippa
223.  carrot cake & candles



224.  Happy Birthday to my great-nephew, Leighton
225.  Happy Anniversay #11 to my son and his wife
226.  vulnerable professions of love, commitment & gratitude
227.  road trip to Revelstoke . . . going to see my Dad
228.  all expenses paid . . . You are sooooo good, Papa!
229.  great conversation on the journey
230.  one hundred year old house



231.  my Dad's garden . . .  a labour of love



232.  walking downtown . . . camera in hand . . . stopping to rest often



233.  grand tour of Dad's shop
234.  recording Dad as he recites poetry
235.  watching games 6 & 7 of the Stanley Cup with my sister  . . . who knew?
236.  Your mysterious ways
237.  swimming with my sister, my dad and step-mom
238.  aqua-jets finding the right spot
239.  what's for lunch fiasco . . . staying in grace
240.  my sister, I love her so
241.  heading home again
242.  grace to start again when I've neglected this counting
243.  snippets of hymns running through my mind and making their way to my lips
244.  coffee & quiet
245.  a hammock in the shade
246.  a sweet sister-date,  Fort Langley & lunch in a Parisian style cafe and bakery, "Salon Cafe"



247.  a cool room at night
248.  watermelon, cherries, berries . . .  summer food



249.  blogging friends
250.  Proverbs . . .  so practical, yet totally spiritual 

Linking up with Ann @
                         
                                  

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe you have this up already – you over achiever!!! :-)Mine won't be written for about another 12 hours. And as my favorite I'll take "blogging friends" – although I think the correct term is "bloggy friends" :-) and although it wasn't an official thank you – that picture of the little blackbird – I heart that. God bless – and I think I'll use your hammock picture tomorrow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not so, Craig, this is last weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your photos tucked into your list... precious gratitude to the One who is so worthy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by . . . appreciate your comments.