Thursday 25 August 2011

Grace Notes - Counting the Gifts 151 - 200

Getting closer to the current listings, carrying on with thanksgiving . . .

151. Three flower buds on a Christmas cactus started 12 years ago . . . first time to bloom.


152.  New shoots on a "dead" plant
153.  Carrie Underwood singing "How Great Thou Art"   - watch and listen here
154.  Pink tulips, white tulips, yellow tulips, orange tulips
155.  Diminished pain
156.  Chickadees at the feeder
157.  My camera and the joy I have in using it
158.  Quiet moments


159.  Kitty-sitting
160.  Clean litter box
161.  Checking up on an elderly friend . . . all is well
162.  Blog post - Bread of Life
163.  Being broken is okay . . . God loves me still and His grace abounds to me
164.  Thursday thrift store find  . . . little shelf, just perfect
165.  I am loved
166.  I can read & write
167.  I can hear . . . bird song, laughter, Your voice
168.  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me ALL the days of my life . . .
169.  and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
170.  Teddy bear for granddaughter AJ finished


171.  Visit from my son  . . . yay!!
172.  Mother's Day
173.  Breakfast with my son . . . , rose bush from him & her, carnations from Starbucks and
. . .  tulips from the grandgirlies

174.  Chicken wings & cupcakes


175.  Tubs of tulips lining a fence


176.  Picking out e-cards for the birthday girl
177.  Happy Birthday to 3 year old granddaughter far away
178.  Encouraging word from a visiting ministry team member
179.  You know how to get to my heart
180.  Crochet derby hat for a little man . . .  the smoothness of the cotton fibre moving over my fingers
181.  Thrift store finds . . . things on my look-for list
182.  Garden centre . . . strawberries, tomato plant, alyssum, petunia, marigold, lobelia


183.  Waking up . . . cinnamon toast
184.  Catching up
185.  Being here, in my quiet room before noon . . . a good thing
186.  Kitten draped over the back of my chair


187.  Yard and plant sale  . . . hostas, rhubarb, chives, strawberries all at a great price
188.  Walk to grocery store with the girls . . . it was hard but I did it
189.  New great-niece, Pippa Victoria Jane


190.  A granddaughter for my sister
191.  Meeting Pippa, so tiny
192.  Cows . . . watching, snapping photos


193.  Staying on track
194.  Developing good habits
195.  His sweet presence
196.  Words to an old hymn that speak perfectly to today's hurried pace.
197.  Ancient Words, ever true . . . I love this song!
198.  Loan paid off 9 months early . . . funds gifted to do that
199.  Little birdie friends coming to the feeder
200.  Less clutter

1 comment:

  1. What a relaxing group of pictures.
    soothing.
    The baby is adorable.
    T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by . . . appreciate your comments.